forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Forrest-core (Re: mini-forrest (was Re: Recommended DTD version?))
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 09:44:55 GMT
El dom, 05-12-2004 a las 16:07, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> >> We could upgrade the cocoon xdocs to use these new DTDs because during
> >> Cocoon's 'build docs' it calls Forrest to do the work.
> >>
> >> However, when running Cocoon as as a webapp and using the live
> >> documentation localhost:8888/docs/ you would notice that it uses old
> >> stylesheets that are dependent on the old DTDs. Stuck ...
> >
> > Ah damn, I missed that point :-(
> >
> > Mmmh... can't Cocoon embed a "mini-Forrest" for this local publishing
> > (with the appropriate warnings that it's not the full Forrest) just like
> > it embeds a "mini-Jetty"?
>
> As more and more functionality gets moved into plugins proper this will
> become a possability. If someone were to create such a "mini-forrest" we
> could use this as a starting point for the fully plugin-ised Forrest.
> Basically we could have a branch for this mimi-forrest and as we move
> plugins out of core into plugins in that branch.

+ 1

> We would start with the essential internals of Forrest in mini-forrest,
> then gradually build it back up again until mini-forrest + plugins can
> do everything trunk forrest can do.

That leads us back to the question I asked before in another thread:

What should has to go into the core?

In the light of cocoon writing a new core, maybe we should think about
integrating cocoon smoother into forrest. Over in lenya there is a
recent thread about cocoon versions. That made me think about how can we
keep everything as small as possible. I mean something like including
cocoon via svn:external.

> I'd be +1 with assisting with this work, although my baby is due any day
> so expect me to slow down soon.

All the best to your wife, the baby and yourself from the forrest
community!!!

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"