forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Batlin" <>
Subject RE: [help] Upgrading Cocoon in Forrest
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 07:42:50 GMT
Will this new version of cocoon include the session and authentication
framework blocks?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Brondsema []
Sent: 08 December 2004 05:06
Subject: Re: [help] Upgrading Cocoon in Forrest

Quoting Rick Tessner <>:

> * It appears JCS (used for stores) has been replaced with EHCache.
> First Issue: EHCache
> ---------------------
> I am having a problem with the EHCache piece.  When running a "forrest
> site", a ton of DEBUG messages from EHCache appear on the screen rather
> than being logged to the expected debug target.
> Here's what I'm seeing (many many many lines like these):
> <sample>
> DEBUG   2004-12-07 14:41:06.973 [net.sf.e] (): Creating new CacheManager
> with config URL:
> </sample>
> Does anyone with experience in cocoon / logging / cachestores have an idea

> of what I can configure  differently to make these go away?
> says its using
Apache Commons logging, so the web.xml setting we did a while ago to get JCS
commons-logging messages to go through Cocoon still applies (see

I don't have time to look at it tonight, but we can probably just modify
logkit.xconf to suppress the ehcache stuff some more.

Dave Brondsema : : personal : programming : student org

View raw message