forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] RAW content
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:16:05 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure I am mixing the two issues. The plugin decides what to do
>> based on the request URI
> But the thing still keeps ringing, as in my head all the URI space is
> identified in the locationmap... gotta think more about this :-)

Ok, my first thoughts.

The javadocs are in fact a rendering of .java files.
So, if I tell the locationmap to mount my

   src/java dir

under

   /sources

,I could ask javadocs for

   src/java/MyClass.java

as

   /sources/Myclass.javadoc.html

If the javadocs view is the "default" one, I could also see it as:

   /sources/Myclass.html

Javadocs also have extra cross-reference info, and that should be
pregenerated by the plugin buildfile and used as metadata by the plugin.
or at the first call of the java file. This is how the Cocoon plugin for
this works.

Let's instead imagine, for the sake of completeness, that the plugin has
to pregenerate all the files before the start of the Forrest run.

In this case, I would imagine that this plugin needs to know the place
where the java code is, and the user can indicate in the locationmap
that it wants to get the javadocs from the javadoc plugin docs
generation dir.

Fire at will :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -