forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] RAW content
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:49:50 GMT

IIRC RAW files were introduced for two reasons:

  1 - be able to reference a file without Forrest touching it
  2 - be able to reference a set of files without having them linked

For point one IMHO our best bet is to refer to them as file.source.html.

The second point is the most tricky one, as ATM we are using ANT to copy
the files, and with the locationmap, that can be referenced from
anywhere. Thus we have to find a solution within Forrest.

Here is a typical use case:
"
We have to insert in the Forrest site the javadocs that have been
generated before the forrest run. With the locationmap I can tell
Forrest to go fetch them in a particular directory (typically the build
dir), and mount them in /apidocs/.

We don't want forrest to traverse them, just to copy all of them.
Where do we say this? How can Forrest do it *without* Ant?
"

This has also to do with the generation of PDF for a file or not, as it
looks like a cross-cutting concern.

IOW, I have to say

   "this and this and these files are to be:
             (kept raw||havethe pdf generated||whatever)"

IMHO we need a configuration file that describes these configurations
for sets of files.

Ideas?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -