forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r106420 - /forrest/trunk/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:34:08 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Ross Gardler wrote:
>

> <snip/>
>
>>> Note that the WD-forrest10 document now gets skinned (
>>> http://localhost:8888/TR/2004/WD-forrest10.html ) and so, no longer
>>> looks like a W3C Working Document, it looks just like any other
>>> document.
>>
>> This is wanted; we should make a plugin/fbit/whatever later on to also
>> have the look and the versioning features for these docs.
>
> At the moment either the html2document.xsl or the skinning process
> strips all style information. I think all we need to do is make sure
> Forrest passes the style information through.

Which is against our charter IIRC, that talks about separation of
content and style.

> This would result in a page that has the navigation but the body is
> styled according to the original document. Is this what we want or do we
> want the TR documents to appear as stand-alon documents with no
> navigation. In this case we would need a plugin as it will need to be
> handled differently.

We would need a plugin that handles these page types as special and
presents them with revision information and special formatting. For the
time being what we have now is more than sufficient for me :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -