forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 76210 - forrest/trunk/site-author/content/plugins
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:06:44 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
> thorsten@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: thorsten
>> Date: Wed Nov 17 17:12:09 2004
>> New Revision: 76210
>>
>> Modified:
>>    forrest/trunk/site-author/content/plugins/plugins.xml
>> Log:
>> added leather
>

> Leather is not a plugin, it's a skin, and it should not be here, as we
> do not do chaining of plugins and this breaks the use of other output
> plugins.

I just added this plugin to extract the fbits that I want to create. I
know I should rename it because you are right leather is the skin.

Leather should use fbits generated by a plugin or core. This
functionality should not be only in leather other skins and plugin
should be able to use this too.

Due to the fact that the whole fbits concept is in early state of
developement I thought a plugin is the best to implement it and then to
discuss where we should put it. I really do not feel like to break some
core functions because of developing.

I can remove the plugin if you want and switch back to copy everything
to my local cocoon but I do not see the point it that.

I just want to figure out how the fbits concept can work in code and not
in talk. ;-)

WDYT what we should do?

--
thorsten