forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Selective PDF
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:23:12 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Monday 15 November 2004 07:04, Dave Brondsema wrote:
>
>>Configuration for wholesite.html/pdf also comes from site.xml  I don't
>>think we want to clutter this, especially because certain plugins could
>>provide the site.xml in their own way.  And don't forget about book.xml
>>which is a per-directory menu (and actually it is intermediately
>>generated from site.xml).
>
> Clutter? Why worry about clutter when you're adding a very useful feature?
>
> As for book.xml this should become removed and integrated into site.xml.

Yes and no. It's an old thing that should be removed. On the other hand
having sub-site.xmls is a feature that is requested.

> As for tabs.xml I think it should also be in site.xml

I tend to agree; current placement is just legacy. (oh gosh, another
thread! ;-)

> Bring site structure to one place, make it simple.
>
> Obviate the need for a content space such as xdocs. Let files be anywhere.
> Forrest should be like a vacuum cleaner with many suction points. Just let
> Forrest know where files are and "slurp" it will bring them in.
> Content can therefor reside on any host, be accessed and integrated into the
> site.

This is already somewhat decided.
The problem are RAW files (@see the other thread).

             - verba volant, scripta manent -