forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Future of leather
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 12:27:34 GMT
Hello devs,

the following mail is an aggregation of different mails I wrote in this
ml with a new structure.

The recent discussion about the problems with semantic container for
css-elements and the positioning showed me that we may have to see
leather-dev more like plain-dev.

Leather-dev is an implementation of a not yet established standard
regarding naming conventions about css-elements. It is about keeping
elements of the site in semantic container rather then in visual container.

IMO that makes it possible for developers to create new functions for
the (x)html outcome without knowing the actual visual outcome
(positioning etc.) and drop them into leather.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/skins/leather-dev/contracts.inicial.txt?rev=56291&view=auto
--
thorsten