forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] plugin infrastructure
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 22:15:33 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> It seems to me that Cocoon decides that a matcher has done its work
> whenever a file is generated using <map:generate...>, in order to do a
> SourceTypeAction you have to generate the file first hence Cocoon marks
> the request as having been processed.

Cocoon used to two things in the sitemap: search for a pipeline and then
execute it. Now things are more mixed, but when a generate is called,
than that pipeline is the last to be executed. IOW you are correct.

> This assumption is based on the fact that the match for **.xml in the
> OpenOffice.org plugin works fine, but this only does a <map:generate...>
> whenever the relevant *.sxw or *.sxi exist, under these circumstances
> the match has done its job. If the sci/sxw files don't exist (i.e. the
> source file is really a *.xml file) then the <map:generate...>is never
> reached and so the subsequent matchers are used.

What should be done is not to generate anything before we are sure that
processing must not continue outside of the parent of the <generate> tag.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -