forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <>
Subject packaging our tools
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 21:19:57 GMT

I'm working on writing documentation for end-user installation of the XXE
configuration (in tools/xxe).

The buildfile there builds a .zip which people can simply extract into
c:\program files\XMLmind_XML_Editor\config.

If we build a release of forrest, what happens to this .zip file?  I
imagine it would be something like this:
* As part of the main forrest build, the XXE build.xml is called
* The .zip file that is created is moved to _____
* Everything (src, and built files (build/xml-forrest.jar and the .zip in
question) is packed in to one

And can we make this .zip file available seperate from forrest?  There is
a current need for this since 0.6 does not include a built XXE
configuration.  Future need may continue to exist, because people may want
to edit document-v13/20 files without installing forrest.  This is the
case at the company I work for, because the writers commit their changes
to CVS and then we run forrestbot on our server.

Dave Brondsema : : personal : programming : student org

View raw message