forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: rearrange Components in Jira Issue Tracker
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:55:42 GMT
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Clay Leeds wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2004, at 2:42 AM, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> >> Now is a good time to rearrange our Component names.
> >> Here is my first proposal. Please tweak or propose
> >> something else.
> >> --------------------------
> >> Building Forrest ................... Build
> > Compile maybe?
> > Build seems a very common word in our  scope.

+1 Compile

> For that matter, 'Run' is fairly common as well. I have a tough time
> determining whether someone is asking me to do a /forrest/ run or a
> /forrest run/.
>
> >> Forrest live webapp (Jetty) ........ Run (Jetty webapp)

While we're at this big renaming/restructuring game, why don't we change
"forrest site" -> "forrest static" and "forrest run" -> "forrest live".
And remove any default target, so that users must specify forrest static.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal