forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: [Skins] Leather-dev vs. scale-dev
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:00:16 GMT
On Nov 3, 2004, at 3:11 AM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hello Shaun,
>
> cheers that you are still here and still willing to help! ;-)

We (even us non-committers!) are glad to see fresh blood in here to
help with the development of a product used by so many, for such
important work!

<snip>

>> I have already (since receiving your email, I type slowly) altered the
>> structure to make it like this:
>>  container
>>     +-branding
>>       +-search
>>       +-tabs
>>     +-nav
>>     +-content
>>     +-siteinfo
>
> Yeah, very nice, much better. :)
>
> Ok see above questions: do you see a possiblity how we can get to
>
>   container
>     +-branding
>     +-search
>     +-nav
>       +-tabs
>     +-content
>     +-siteinfo
>
> and still keep your awesome design? I think that is quite a challenge
> but do you think it is possible?

I too am interested in this approach. For one thing, I believe it makes
it possible to place search outside of branding (e.g., under nav?)

+------------------------+---------+
| branding banner stuff  | search  |
+---------+--------------+---------+
|   nav   |                        |
|---------|                        |

or even as slashdot.org does its thing:

+----------------------------------+
|      branding banner stuff       |
+---------+------------------------+
|   nav   |                        |
|---------|                        |
|  search |                        |
|---------|                        |

This seems more possible if search is not a child of branding.

BTW, my offer of testing theses skin developments on Mac OS X stands.
Of course, to minimize my time spent figuring out version and build
issues, I'm hoping someone will place these test 'sites' on a web
server I can access. That way, it'll take a minimal mount of time to
test, and others can test and be assured that everyone is testing the
*exact* same 'sites'.

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>