forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Online DTDs broken
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:12:45 GMT
On Nov 2, 2004, at 5:00 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>>> SVN restructuring has broken the rewriting we do to serve DTDs from
>>> subversion.  E.g. http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/skinconfig-v06-3.dtd
>>
>> Is there some sort of workaround for this, so I can continue building
>> sites?
>
> I am going to adjust the .htaccess file now.

Thanks!

> However, this is ringing huge alarms bells for me.
>
> If your forrest is going to the network to
> get the DTDs, then the Catalog Entity Resolver
> is busted on your system.
>
> I recall discussing this with you before,
> but don't remember you answering. I will dig
> through the archives and try again.

Yeah... I remember, but I don't recall where that is either.

BTW, it could have to do with the PATCH I submitted in one of
yesterday's posts. Under "General configuration notes" shouldn't this
section have $FORREST_HOME instead of $FORREST:

$FORREST/src/core/context/resources/schema/catalog.xcat  (for XML
Catalog) or $FORREST/src/core/context/resources/schema/catalog  (for TR
9401 Catalog).

It may also have to do with setting the CatalogManager.properties
(which I mentioned in a previous msg I haven't been able to figure out
from the current docs).

> However, i would like to know why you think
> your problems described below have anything
> to do with the Forrest website and the default DTDs.
>
>> ATM, every time I try to build using the 0.6 release, I get
>> errors complaining that link must be declared or that "p" must match
>> "(strong|em|code|sub|sup|br|img|icon|acronym|a)" and I notice that
>> "link" is conspicuously absent:
>
> Actually this sounds to me like you are mixing the
> document-v1* and document-v2* DTDs. If so, then this
> is just an xml validation error on your part.
>
> --David

Yeah... it was a problem with <link.../> changing to <a.../> in
document-v2*. Thanks for the prompt in the right direction! I wonder
why I didn't have that problem before the Online DTDs broken post?

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>