forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject xml-fop Compliance Page (was Re: xml-fop Build Failed)
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 18:44:59 GMT
On Nov 5, 2004, at 9:51 AM, Clay Leeds wrote:
<snip>
> improved the Compliance page! We have content! It's not 'there' yet,
> as it's missing the Table of Contents (which is particularly important
> on this page, since each item must be referenced for
> navigability--again, see[1]).
>
> [1] FOP Standards Compliance
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html

I thought I'd clarify a bit (and change the Subject finally!) about the
problems I'm now facing with Forrest generation of the FOP Compliance
page. First of all, I don't know if any of the current FOP Committers
actually understands the Compliance page itself. I believe KL (inactive
committer) was the original author and others made edits. Perhaps I
might be able to get some help from CG (active) or GlenM (active).
We'll see.
- I was wrong. The Table of Contents is being generated at the top
- the links portion is a separate beast I'll have to learn
   (XSL-FO Object Support, XSL-FO Property Support)
- the XSL-FO Object Support table is missing bgcolor of cells
   (required for readability)
- table is missing the Citation column
   (contains convenient links to the citation in the XSL-FO Spec)

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>