forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: xml-fop Compliance Page (was Re: xml-fop Build Failed)
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:46:59 GMT
On Nov 13, 2004, at 8:22 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>> Clay Leeds wrote:
>>> FWIW, I was able to resolve the problem with missing links on the
>>> FOP  Compliance page by using Xalan.sh to transform compliance.xml
>>> using  compliance2html.xsl (as explained here[1]). Unfortunately, I
>>> can't seem  to get the page skinned via forrest. The '.ihtml'
>>> solution is  deprecated, and placing a 'compliance.html' in
>>> src/documentation/content/ does not result in a skin
>>> compliance.html.
> <snip/>
>> Note the warning on the 'forrest seed site' sample
>> for ihtml about the need for <h*> level headings
>> (though i think Ross fixed that recently in head).
>
> It is fixed in Head, but the symptoms of this problem were different
> to those described by Clay, it resulted in a skinned page, but with no
> content.

Thanks for the update. 'We' probably should include that fix in
whatever is going into forrest-0.6.1

> Clay, what you need to do is put your .html files in the xdocs folder.
> Anything outside of xdocs is treated as raw content and so is not
> skinned, anything inside is processed and skinned accordingly.

If I get the time, I'll provide a PATCH for the documentation that
explains all this. I don't think that is well explained anywhere
(although I could be wrong).

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>