forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: xml-fop Build Failed
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:10:11 GMT
On Nov 3, 2004, at 9:38 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>> (NOTE: yeah, I feel silly about the CatalogManager.properties warning,
>> since I haven't figured out how to set it correctly either... At least
>> my VCR doesn't flash 12:00! This page[4] says "You can add a local
>> CatalogManager.properties to your project.classes-dir to define your
>> additional catalogs for DTDs  and other entities." but there's no
>> example so I don't know what that file should look like--should I just
>> switch to project.classes-dir & /touch CatalogManager.properties/?
>> Anyway, 'If you do not add such a configuration file, then there will
>> be a  harmless message on startup "CatalogManager.properties not
>> found".' 12:00... 12:00...;-))
>>
>> [4]
>> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/upgrading_06.html#local-catalog
>
> Copy it from a fresh 'forrest seed site' in
> src/documentation/classes/CatalogManager.properties

I see that it actually does exist in my directory now (as mentioned in
a previous post, I started from a fresh /forrest seed/ last week). I
don't think recall it being there before.

> I just added that to /docs/upgrading_06.html#local-catalog
> and clarified its description in the main document that you
> should be following: /docs/validation.html#catalog

Thanks. I've made the modifications indicated to the
CatalogManager.properties file (I no longer get the error!). Here's the
only line from that file that is not commented out:

====
catalogs=/Users/Shared/_WebDLs/_repos/xml-fop/src/documentation/
resources/schema/catalog.xcat
====

I also created the src/documentation/resources/schema/catalog.xcat file
with these contents:

====
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog
V1.0//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd">
<!-- OASIS XML Catalog for W3C stuff like XHTML and SVG -->
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog"
          prefer="public">

<!-- Extensible HTML 1.0 -->
<public publicId="-//APACHE//DTD Compliance V1.0//EN"
         uri="dtd/compliance-v10.dtd"/>

</catalog>
====

I checked to ensure that this file exists (it always has):

====
src/documentation/resources/schema/dtd/compliance-v10.dtd
====

(I don't think xml-fop's site needs anything else in
resources/schema/dtd...)

In any case, my CRITICAL problem is that the Compliance Page renders no
content (other than the site structure, nav links, etc.).

As I indicated in Tuesday's message[1] I still have problems with the
svg & fo transformations. However, at this point I am content to just
follow the instructions for "Images"[2] (which I assume follows the
same general pattern as the previous instructions for "RAW" files--is
this a correct assumption?) and have the files copied over as RAW
files. It'll probably cut down on run time anyway, not to have to
generate those files every time a /forrest/ run is done.

[1]
http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?
listName=dev@forrest.apache.org&msgNo=15153
[2]