forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: xml-fop Build Failed
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:51:04 GMT
On Nov 3, 2004, at 10:30 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>> Over the weekend and the last few days, I've spent a lot of time
>> fumbling attempting to follow the instructions to fix my custom
>> sitemap.xmap file (attached to this msg). Specifically, I was
>> referring
>> to the "Adding a new content type (advanced)"[1] and the "SourceType
>> (content aware pipelines)"[2] pages.
>
> You should not need to get as far as [2] (that is
> just for reference).

I *shouldn't* need to, but I couldn't proceed without the 'context'
(parent <=> child relationship) for the code snippet displayed on [1].
(see the next passage...)

>> NOTE1: [2] could be improved by showing the <map:action../> example in
>> context. Not knowing where it goes, when placing the current example
>> into my sitemap.xmap file I got an error. I figured it out by going
>> here[3] (except that's for Cocoon 2.1 but the 2.0 docs appear to be
>> the
>> same).
>
> Not sure why you would look at Cocoon-2.0 docs. They are
> very old. In Forrest we use Cocoon-2.2 (it does not yet
> have online docs, but their 2.1 docs will suffice).

That was just silly. For some reason I thought Forrest uses Cocoon 2.0
instead of 2.2. In any case, I think it's OK, but I'm hoping someone
will look at my new sitemap.xmap to see if my new content type is OK.

>> I've attached an improvement PATCH for [2]...
>
> Added that thanks. However i made changes, so move your
> version of cap.xml out of the way or do 'svn revert cap.xml'
> to get rid of your local changes before doing 'svn update'.

Already rm'd... although, I'm not worried about that too much, as the
xml-fop/ build will use apache-forrest-0.6 (or perhaps 0.6.1 if
released soon enough!).

> [snip some unrelated SVG stuff]

Although snipped from this response, hopefully the unrelated SVG stuff
won't be ignored... as it's related to my continuing xml-fop Build
Failed... ;-)

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>