forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Online DTDs broken
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:09:28 GMT
On Nov 3, 2004, at 2:41 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:

<snip>

>> It may also have to do with setting the CatalogManager.properties
>> (which I mentioned in a previous msg I haven't been able to figure out
>> from the current docs).
>
> Hmmm, i searched my archives quickly but cannot find that.
> What was the subject line?

It doesn't surprise me that you haven't found that yet... It was
embedded in my unfortunately long (did I mention long!?) post to
dev@f.a.o yesterday[1] which included my improved sitemap.xmap file.

Subject: Re: xml-fop Build Failed

;-)

>> Yeah... it was a problem with <link.../> changing to <a.../> in
>> document-v2*. Thanks for the prompt in the right direction! I wonder
>> why I didn't have that problem before the Online DTDs broken post?
>
> Me too. However, you must have had the problem because
> <link> is not in the 2.0 DTDs no matter where the DTD
> comes from.

Weird. For as long as I can remember, I've been using the 0.6-dev
(things pretty much stopped working as soon as apache-forrest-0.6 was
released due to a problem I had involving permissions--which I have
since resolved). Anyway, making the switch from <link/> to <a/>
resolved the problem.

> One way to be sure is to use ngrep.sf.net to watch
> for network traffic ('ngrep dtd') or pull the plug on your
> Internet connection.

downloaded... thanks!

> --
> David Crossley