forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions on upgrading cocoon used by Forrest
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:22:42 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> We have been using cocoon-2.2 (i.e. the trunk).
> This was mainly due to not being about to get the
> "passthrough sitemaps" capability to work with
> Cocoon release branch. There were some changes
> just prior to release - perhaps it works now.

Hi all,

In the changes for Cocoon 2.1.6,
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html , it does say that the
@pass-through attribute has been implemented.

I'll try Forrest with Cocoon 2.1.6 today and see how that goes.

> It could be dangerous to continue to use their trunk.
> In the coming months, there might be some turmoil
> in Cocoon as real blocks and the new kernel start to
> happen. Are we brave enough?

Brave enough?  Yes.  Is it the best thing to be doing right now?
Forrest 0.7-dev is quite different already from Forrest 0.6 and is still
evolving in terms of proposed directory structure changes, more and very
cool plugins, etc.

As you say, Cocoon will also be undergoing a very interesting evolution
as well.  What kind of impact might that have on getting a Forrest 0.7
release out in next little while?

If Forrest 0.7 works with Cocoon 2.1.6, this could make the "release
early, release often" much simpler for Forrest.

Thoughts?

In the next few hours, I should have some information on how Forrest
0.7-dev works with Cocoon 2.1.6.

--
Rick Tessner
rick at apache dot org