forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions on upgrading cocoon used by Forrest
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:30:56 GMT
Rick Tessner wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Hi Rick:
>>
>> I guess some of your questions are answered here:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/etc/cocoon_upgrade/README.txt?view=markup

> Thanks Antonio!  I'll work with that and see how things go. :)  I'll
> update that doc as need be.

We have been using cocoon-2.2 (i.e. the trunk).
This was mainly due to not being about to get the
"passthrough sitemaps" capability to work with
Cocoon release branch. There were some changes
just prior to release - perhaps it works now.

It could be dangerous to continue to use their trunk.
In the coming months, there might be some turmoil
in Cocoon as real blocks and the new kernel start to
happen. Are we brave enough?

--David