forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@apache.org>
Subject Questions on upgrading cocoon used by Forrest
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:04:48 GMT
Hi devs,

I've been looking at upgrading cocoon to resolve
http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-356 (Multi-user capability) and
I'm running into a bit of an issue.

First off, I'd like to do this for both the forrest_06_branch and the trunk.

I've built cocoon off the cocoon trunk and copied the build/cocoon.jar
to the lib/core of forrest.  When I do a "forrest run", I get the cocoon
error "Initialization Problem ... Interface Composable is not supported
anymore. Please change class
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl to
use Serviceable instead."

I believe this to be related to the cocoon-xsp-block-2.2.0-dev.jar which
I guess means I'd have to replace that jar as well.

Before I go off and cause people to start downloading potentially
unnecessary jars I have a couple of questions:

1.  Are there preferred build properties when building cocoon?
2.  Is it best to replace all cocoon*.jar's when upgrading cocoon?
3.  Are there any related config files that relate to gump that may need
to be updated?
4.  Is it worth upgrading something like cocoon to fix one problem or is
it better to wait until there's a "critical mass" of fixes available?
(Just thinking about network bandwidth for users using the svn trunk)

--
Rick Tessner
rick at apache dot org