forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] RAW content
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:24:18 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Imagine we have a javadocs plugin. It provides the following
>> properties to forrest.properties:
>>
>> forrest.plugin.javadoc.include
>> forrest.plugin.javadoc.exclude
>>
>> If those properties do not exist in a users forrest.properties file
>> then they take default values of:
>>
>> forrest.plugin.javadoc.include=javadocs/*
>> forrest.plugin.javadoc.exclude=
>>
>> Then we write a new matcher for Cocoon (I am assuming there isn't one
>> that does this already). This new matcher reades the relevant
>> properties from forrest.properties and matches files accordingly.
>>
>> Why is this important? It is a way of maximising the users control
>> over their URI space without them having to edit XMAP files.
>

> You are mixing plugins with the source resolving.
>
> The source resolving is done by the locationmap, and as we said all the
> source files are ideally in the same URI space.

I'm not sure I am mixing the two issues. The plugin decides what to do
based on the request URI, this has nothing to do with where the source
is found (which is the job of the locationmap.

<map:match pattern="whatever we should match based on the requested URI
and the include/exclude properties">
   <map:read src="wherever locationmap says the source comes from"/>

Am I misunderstanding something about the locationmap?

Ross