forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: License question
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 02:00:53 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Dave Brondsema wrote:

>>> * this ownership needs to be recognized in a NOTICE file
>>> * the license they use should accompany the .jar file in our repository
>>

>> My understanding is that an entry goes in the
>> NOTICE.txt only if their license specifically
>> resuests that such notice be made.
>
> IANAL, but I would put a thanks anyway, be it in CREDITS or NOTICE.

However, their license specifically says that we
are not allowed to use their name without their
written permission.

One sees other licenses where the licensor specifically
says that we *must* display the name in a prominent
location. Those are the only occasions that i have
added them to the NOTICE.txt file.

--David