forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JIRA] Commented: (FOR-368) Add ihtml to "Deprecation of .ehtml and .ihtml" reference
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:53:25 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> issues@cocoondev.org wrote:
>>
>>> ====
>>> Deprecation of .ehtml and .ihtml
>>

>> OK I understand now, having two "issues" in one was confusing me. So,
>> question to the larger list, this relates to my recent question about
>> moving the raw.xmap mount point to allow all html files to be skinned.
>>
>> Have we deprecated *both* ehtml and ihtml in favour of using just
>> plain html?
>>

> I think that we should keep ihtml. if we use plain html, how could you
> decide if you want it skinned or not?

For my use cases I have hundreds of HTML files that I want skinned and
none that I don't want skinned. If it should occur that I want the
original source file unskinnned then I would be happy to request
something like "file.source.html" as has been suggested in other
situations here.

The alternative is for me to change the name of all those files I
already have. Not pleaseent, but am I unusual in this use case?

> plus, from the user point of view:
>
> When HttpRequest = source then give it as is.
> When HttpRequest = supportedFormat then try to tranform it.

The problem is that a request for somePage.html is a request for an HTML
page, it does not say wether it should be skinned or not.

Ross