forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] delete old stuff
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:15:13 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Remember, SVN holds all our history so people can go back and find this
> stuff if they ever want to.  Deleting it from trunk means we see no
> value in even attempting to maintain this code.

Deleted means it will not show up and so will not attract the attention
of any possible future developers interested in this area. perhaps,
rather than delete we should move it outside of trunk into something
like "graveyard".

My votes below are for moving to "graveyard" or equivalent. I am -0 on
complete deleting anything.

> I propose we delete:
>
> whiteboard/charts - hasn't been touched for years

-0 In January I will be working on developing some charting plugins.
However, since I can revive this at the time I do not object to it being
"deleted" (I have no idea what is in there or if it will be useful)

> whiteboard/layout - hasn't been touched for years

+1 - I have no idea what it is, so I suppose I don't need it ;-)

> tools/forrestbar - there has been no demand for compatibility with
> firefox 0.9+

+1 - If not compatible or made compatible with latest browsers

Ross