forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugin questions
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:24:34 GMT

Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> I have a couple of questions regarding our plugins.
>
> 1) I tried /ant test/.
>
> a) First I got build failed because of pdf errors.

When I extracted the PDF functionality from core I made it included by
default. New plugins created with /ant seedPlugin/ will have the
necessary line in project.required.plugins, old ones need to add it
manually (or disable the PDF-Link in skinconf.xml).

> b) Then I added
> project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.fbits,
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.pdf-output

 From the comment in forrest.properties:

# The names of plugins that are required to build the project
# comma separated list (no spaces)
# Run "forrest available-plugins" for a list of plug-ins currently available
project.required.plugins=@plugin-name@,org.apache.forrest.plugin.pdf-output

- note the (no spaces) comment

I don't know how to strip spaces from a string in ANT and have not found
the time to research it, if anyone knows how the place that needs it is
the fetchPlugin target of main/targets/plugins.xml

> Question: Is it not possible to have another plugin as required plugin
> within a plugin?

Yes, but with no white-space in the plugin list

> 2) I tried fbits plugin in webapp mod /forrest run/ and do get ressource
> not found for all my matches declared in output.xmap.
>
> When I use /ant test/ I get my *.get files created in the static site.
>
> Trying to say that the crawler is using the output.xmap but it seems
> that the webapp is not.
>
> Question: Why is happening?

No idea, will look into it later today.

Ross