forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Templating language - forrest:templates and Struts Tiles
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:13:40 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>> El lun, 22-11-2004 a las 20:05, Ross Gardler escribió:

>>> Cool!
>>

>> :) cheers ;-)
>

> :-)
>
> It still seems too complicated for the user... The normal user would
> want to simply say "add this newsfeed" and get done with it. Same for
> filtering.
>
> IMHO the templating language must be used only by the skin/theme/view
> (gosh, so many! ;-) designer, and not by the user.

Yes, I agree, and I think Thorsten does too. Remember, *I* suggested it
should be in the f:t, but Thorsten said he already did it in the skin.

So...

Plugin designers will say, "this plugin creates a nugget X, and I want
it inserting at extension point Y".

All the user need do is say I want plugin X, the skinning system then
ensures the nugget from plugin X is inserted in a sensible place.

If we all understand one another correctly, this is what we all want :-)).

Ross