forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Selective PDF
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:38:04 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Thursday 18 November 2004 21:30, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>>I have also created the XSL, but I am not sure how you to get the
>>>check-pdf-link-include and check-pdf-link-exclude templates to do what
>>>you suggest in the comments.
>>>
>>>Once I understand this then I think I should be able to do the same on
>>>other output plugins. So once were finished I want to try apply what I've
>>>learned to making a POD plugin.
>>
>>OK, if we put the properties in forrest.properties then we need to be
>>able to access them from within the XSL, but I'm not sure how to do this
>>and don;t have time to look right now. Any other devs know how?
>>
>>An alternative is to have the properties in skinconf.xml, there are
>>plenty of examples of how to access these elements already (search for
>>$config).
>

> Yes, that's also my problem. skinconf may be a good place but would require an
> update to the dtd. I'm ok with doing it there. Also consider my original
> suggestion with site.xml, it may be better.

The problem with site.xml is that if someone is using something like IMS
Manifest (or other potential site indexes, for example, Lenya system)
their DTD's do not support this encoding. Site.xml needs to remain simple.

I'd go for skinconf.xml for now, that is where we have the PDF control
stuff at the moment, unless I have missed something, see your next
sentence...

> This way we don't have to update
> each plugin and have control over all files in a single place.

I don't follow this, why would having it in forrest.properties or
skinconf.xml require an update to each plugin?

Ross