forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Selective PDF
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:30:46 GMT

Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 November 2004 08:35, Sean Wheller wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday 16 November 2004 21:47, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>>>You could start creating the basic documentation site for the plugin,
>>>and if you know how, you could extract the PDF functionality from
>>>Forrest. This will give enough time for others to comment on our
>>>intentions as we need to extract the PDF into a plugin anyway.
>>
>>Ok, let me at it. I will shout if I get stuck. Which is most likely :-)
>

> Ross,
>
> See http://issues.cocoondev.org//browse/FOR-378
>
> I have updated the document and supplied patch.

Cool. I'll apply them when we have it fully working.

> I have also created the XSL, but I am not sure how you to get the
> check-pdf-link-include and check-pdf-link-exclude templates to do what you
> suggest in the comments.
>
> Once I understand this then I think I should be able to do the same on other
> output plugins. So once were finished I want to try apply what I've learned
> to making a POD plugin.

OK, if we put the properties in forrest.properties then we need to be
able to access them from within the XSL, but I'm not sure how to do this
and don;t have time to look right now. Any other devs know how?

An alternative is to have the properties in skinconf.xml, there are
plenty of examples of how to access these elements already (search for
$config).

Ross