forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Testing (Re: code vs. talk)
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:40:19 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Evrim ULU wrote:

>> IMO, only solution is unit testing.

> We do have some testing in place (do "build test", but it does need to
> be enhanced - and I, for one, have to get into the habit of using it).
> This needs extending.

It just occurred to me that as we strip stuff from core into plugins we
are also forced to strip it from fresh-site. Since fresh-site is what we
use for the basic testing we have this is not a good thing.

In the howto build a plugin document I encourage developers to make
their docs their tests by including lots of samples of the functionality
of the plugin. We need to make use of this in the "build test" target.

I think what we should do is have a "build.xml" file in each plugin,
with a target "test". By default this target will deploy the plugin
locally and build the plugin documentation.

Can someone with better Ant scripting skills than me make our
"main/build.xml" test target call all the test targets in all the
plugins located in the plugins directory.

I'll do the rest.

Ross