forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [FYI] First Forrest 1.0 spec document primer
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:51:57 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> SVN is not working ATM so I have copied my first draft of a Forrest 1.0
> spec document here:
>
>  http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/Forrest%201_0.html
>
> It's intended to be copied as-is in the xodcs dir and automatically
> generated, and it's edited using OpenOffice 1.1.3.
>
> Still need to understand the numbering and URI scheme they use in w3c.
> It would be cool to somehow have a 'spec' plugin that helps writing
> w3c-like specs <hint,hint;nudge,nudge>
>
> I still have to add the loads of stuff that is missing to the outline,
> but if someone wants to beat me to it (not going to work on it for at
> least half a day), (s)he's welcome :-)

Having a 1.0 doc like this implies that this is that Forrest *must* look
exactly like this and nothing else for our 1.0 release.  I think we
should title this a "dream document" or a "vision".  It's great to have
goals in mind and a direction to head, but I still see forrest as an
evolving project.  I've seen lots of new unexpected changes and features
in the last year and a half and I don't think we're ready to set
anything in concrete.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming