forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: Duplicate code
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:50:12 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

>> I agree that updating the plugins should be a separate target, this is
>> something on my mental todo, but I have not yet done it.
>

> I disagree, users should not be forced to calla separate target just to
> build a site.

¿? maybe we are talking about different things here.

I do not want build site to update any plug-in/skin/theme/newFunkyIcons
automatically. I want "build site" to do that, no more no less.

If I want to update a plug-in/skin/theme/newFunkyIcons I will call it
myself, but not forrest.

There is a 1000 reasons for not doing this.
I am going to explain the last one  last week I had fixed the
OpenOffice/OpenOffice problem, but this automatic mechanism was
downloading the plug-in from the net and that was broken.
Think this week the plug-in was using input.xmap instead of sitemap.xmap
and I found a few zip files under site-author/content/plugins.

It is common for users to put forrest running on a cron job to build a
site every night. This updating feature could break suddenly the process
without user knowing what is going on...

Let me know is my reasoning is totally wrong.

Cheers,
Cheche