forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Duplicate code
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:04:41 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
> RG> I agree that updating the plugins should be a separate target, this is
> RG> something on my mental todo, but I have not yet done it.
>
> Q: Does separate target mean that it will be build separately from the
>    forrest release since each Plug-In has its own release cycle?

It is intended that plugins will have separate release cycles, yes. In
fact, it is intended that other projects will develop plugins, in this
case We would have no influence over their release cycle.

See the work starting with Lenya with respect to this. It is my hope
that, eventually, Lenya will be pluggable into Forrest through our
plugins framework.

Ross