forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Duplicate code
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:54:52 GMT

Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>

>> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Why do we need to have:
>>> A  site-author/content/plugins
>>> A  site-author/content/plugins/plugins.xml
>>> A  site-author/content/plugins/IMSManifest.zip
>>> A  site-author/content/plugins/OpenOffice.org.zip
>>> A  site-author/content/plugins/simplified-docbook.zip
>>> A  site-author/content/plugins/rtf-output.zip
>>

>> These are the distribution files of released plugins that must be
>> accessible on the website.
>

> Something is not right, I am still get this:
>

> fetch-versioned-plugin:
> Trying to get "OpenOffice.org" plugin version
>                   0.7-dev...
> Getting:
> http://www.apache.org/~rgardler/testingGround/forrestPlugins/OpenOffice.org-0.7-dev.zip

> Error opening connection java.io.IOException

Read further down, if it can't find a versioned zip file it tries for an
unversioned zip (OpenOffice.org.zip) this should work and the plugin
should be installed. The full output should be:

fetch-versioned-plugin:
Trying to get "OpenOffice.org" plugin version
                   0.7-dev...
Getting:
http://www.apache.org/~rgardler/testingGround/forrestPlugins/OpenOffice
.org-0.7-dev.zip
Error opening connection java.io.IOException
Error opening connection java.io.IOException
Error opening connection java.io.IOException
Can't get
http://www.apache.org/~rgardler/testingGround/forrestPlugins/OpenOffic
e.org-0.7-dev.zip to D:\openSource\forrest\build\plugins\OpenOffice.org.zip

fetch-unversioned-plugin:
Versioned plugin unavailable, trying to get versionless plugin...
Getting:
http://www.apache.org/~rgardler/testingGround/forrestPlugins/OpenOffice
.org.zip
last modified = Mon Nov 01 17:28:23 GMT 2004

final-check:
Plugin "OpenOffice.org" correctly installed.

The mechanism is the same as the skin downloading mechanism.

> I think that update a plugin/skin/whatever should be a separate target
> than building a site.

It only downloads the plugin if it is not already present. It does
configure the plugins/sitemap.xmap file on each run because each site
can use a different configuration of plugins.

I agree that updating the plugins should be a separate target, this is
something on my mental todo, but I have not yet done it.

Ross