forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] plugin infrastructure
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:59:35 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2004, at 6:06 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>>> Ok, but how will forrest render the open office plugin, contract?
>>

>> What exactly is the openofficeplugin doing here? I understand the
>> grouplogo, contractlogo etc. are pluggable renderers for various parts
>> of the skin. What is the openofficeplugin doing? I can only see it
>> providing content so why is this defined in the skins template,
>> wouldn't this always just be <contract name="content"/> and forrest
>> does the rest? I suppose I am asking why does the skin need to know
>> the openofficeplugin is needed here?
>

> Is it not possible that the OpenOffice.org file includes the project
> logo embedded in the Impress or Writer file? If so, then it would need
> to be 'passed through' to Forrest (unless the element is somehow ignored
> during the skinning/processing of the OOo files...)

In such a situation the content in the OOo file would be extracted by
generating/aggregating a cocoon:// request. Forrest would figure out
what combination of input and output plugins are needed to satisfy that
request. I don't think the forrest-template needs to (or should) know
about what plugin is used since it is part of the skinning step in the
processing pipeline (see Nicola Kens RT "Forrest Processing Pipeline").

Ross