forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: About RAW content
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 05:08:03 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>
>> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>>
>>> I have a patch to resolve this and put xdocs and content in the same
>>> directory:
>>

>> IIRC, this is the conclusion we have reached on previous discussions,
>> right?
>

> I was not sure about that. If that was the conclusion, then I will apply
> the patch today.
>

>> Does it break backwards compatibility?  How does it affect other parts
>> of forrest?
>>
>> I'm not sure of the entire implications of this.  Could you give a few
>> examples?
>>
> implications for 90% of the users:
>
> If you have a tree like this:
>
> content/
>         xdocs/
>               samples/
>         /samples
>
> All the files under the second samples directory will break.

Ouch.  That's going to be a big hurt I think.  I think locationmaps
would be able to help here, but they're not scheduled until a few
releases from now (of course we can always change that) and I am not
real sure how they work.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming