forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Selective PDF
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 05:04:45 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
>

> Question: How would this impact things like wholesite.pdf?

Configuration for wholesite.html/pdf also comes from site.xml  I don't
think we want to clutter this, especially because certain plugins could
provide the site.xml in their own way.  And don't forget about book.xml
which is a per-directory menu (and actually it is intermediately
generated from site.xml).

[RT] we should have a generator which produces a tab.xml based on each
directory (title according to dir name), and site.xml provided based on
exactly what files are in the directory (maybe limit to .xml files) and
pull the title from the document.
[/RT]

I think it would be best not to complicate site.xml further.
linkmap.html generates links to all the html files.  We could have a
linkmap.pdf.html (or a similar name) which generates links to all the
pdf files you want generated.  So I think it would be best to have
regular expressions (or some other powerful way of expressing yourself,
maybe ant include/exclude patterns).  Ok, here's a potentially good and
flexible solution.  Link traversal begins in linkmap.html which includes
a link to each linkmap.TYPE.html file.  This file is automatically
generated like linkmap.html currently is.  And with a per-project
sitemap, projects can override this and configure it exactly how they need.
However, this does not address how each pages' pdf/txt/etc links would
show up.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming