forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] plugin infrastructure
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:06:39 GMT

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>> <snip/>

>> <forrest-template>
>>    <contract name="branding-trail-path"/>
>>    <hook name="intro">
>>      <contract name="grouplogo"/>
>>      <contract name="projectlogo"/>
>>      <contract name="search-input"/>
>>      <contract name="nav-main"/>
>>      <contract name="nav-main-sub"/>
>>      <contract name="openofficeplugin">
>>        <metadata name="param" value="some value"/>
>>      </contract>
>>    </hook>
>> </forrest-template>
>>
>> That means every plugin delivers a contract that is registered in our
>> contract list.
>

> Ok, but how will forrest render the open office plugin, contract?

What exactly is the openofficeplugin doing here? I understand the
grouplogo, contractlogo etc. are pluggable renderers for various parts
of the skin. What is the openofficeplugin doing? I can only see it
providing content so why is this defined in the skins template, wouldn't
this always just be <contract name="content"/> and forrest does the
rest? I suppose I am asking why does the skin need to know the
openofficeplugin is needed here?

Ross