forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] plugin infrastructure
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:01:03 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

<snip/>

>> The other thing is that every plugin has to deliver a default output for
>> the skin. This is a fallback mechanism if the user do not want to
>> implemend his own implementation of the functionality.
>

> Are we not mixing content (plugins) with style (skins) ?

Yes, we are. We need to keep the idea of content plugins separate from
skin-plugins. I see these "nuggets" being provided by skin-plugins, not
by content plugins. Of course, a skin plugin may use a content-plugin to
render a nugget appropriately. That is, a skin-plugin that provides a
news nugget may use the feeder (content) plugin to generate the xdoc
from the RSS feed.

Ross