forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: About RAW content
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:13:29 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>> I have a patch to resolve this and put xdocs and content in the same
>> directory:
>

> IIRC, this is the conclusion we have reached on previous discussions,
> right?

I was not sure about that. If that was the conclusion, then I will apply
the patch today.

> Does it break backwards compatibility?  How does it affect other parts
> of forrest?
>
> I'm not sure of the entire implications of this.  Could you give a few
> examples?

implications for 90% of the users:

If you have a tree like this:

content/
         xdocs/
               samples/
         /samples

All the files under the second samples directory will break.

It is easy to write the ant script that move * except xdocs to xdocs/.

implications of 10% of users:

If someone has personalize a sitemap.xmap with {project.content} that
will point to the raw directory instead.

I am not aware of any other issue

Cheers,
Cheche