forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Question about directory structure
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:37:35 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> I find it quite awkward to have a directory structure where additional
> files for my XML-Pages are in a similar structure _that is one level
> down_ from the XML-directories.
>
> Current situation:
>
> +---Berufliches
> +---BookCrossing
> +---Forrest
> +---HospitalityClub
> +---images
> +---Kajak
> Š   +---Boote
> Š   +---Tourenberichte
> +---xdocs
>     +---Berufliches
>     +---BookCrossing
>     +---Forrest
>     +---HospitalityClub
>     +---images
>     +---Kajak
>         +---Boote
>         +---Tourenberichte
>
> I wonder what the reasoning behind this is and wether I'm the only one
> who'd find a structure where there are _two branches on the same
> level_ to be more intuitive and less error-prone.

It is confusing, I don't know the original rationale, it's been this way
for a long time.

> Alternative approach:
>
> +---files
>     +---Berufliches
>     +---BookCrossing
>     +---Forrest
>     +---HospitalityClub
>     +---images
>     +---Kajak
>         +---Boote
>         +---Tourenberichte
> +---xdocs
>     +---Berufliches
>     +---BookCrossing
>     +---Forrest
>     +---HospitalityClub
>     +---images
>     +---Kajak
>         +---Boote
>         +---Tourenberichte
>

> --
> Thanks for your feedback,
> Ferdinand Soethe

Try setting these properties in your project's forrest.properties:
project.content-dir=src/documentation
project.raw-content-dir=${project.content-dir}/content/files
project.xdocs-dir=${project.content-dir}/content/xdocs

I think that'll work just fine.  You could also try setting the last two
equal to each other, but that might give problems.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming