forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why are there two branches for the forrest site?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:35:44 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> I guess newbies can be really a nuisance, right?

Actually - no a help - I don't know the answer either ;-)

There was a discussion on this mail list about reorganizing the docs, I
have to admit that I have not yet caught up with that thread as other
work got in the way.

The thread is at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=109937596400001&r=1&w=2

> Now I'm trying to understand why site-author and doc-author are two
> separate branches in sv? And how do they become one site in the end?
> Manual work?

The current status of SVN is a transition state implementing whatever
was decided in the above thread. The status update thread is at

> Is there a file that describes the what all the branches in sv are
> good for? Right now I'm browsing them without much understanding where
> to look for what.

No. This structure is all very new, if you are able to start one off
(don't worry about accuracy or completeness too much, once we have a
starting point we can build on it).

Ross