forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RSS
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:29:04 GMT

Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
>

>> I get
>> org.w3c.dom.DOMException: HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR: An attempt was made
>> to insert a node where it is not permitted.
>

>>         <map:generate type="file"
>> src="http://del.icio.us/rss/sastc/sastc:resources" />
>>         <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/rss2document.xsl" />
>

> rss2document expect rss not rdf
>
> Adding rdf is trivial. Just point me to the right spec and I will add
> rdf2document.xsl

I never realised that we had this stylesheet. I have now replaced my
embryonic one in the feeder plugin with this one. If you do enhance it
please apply the patch there too (I'll remove it from trunk once I am
sure feeder can adequately replace core functionality - I wasn't aware
of any when I wrote feeder).

RDF docs are at: http://www.w3.org/RDF/

> Now that we talk about rss, Does anyone know with version of rss should
> we use?
> There is a few:
> http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rssVersionHistory

RSS 0.91 is very common, I believe RSS1.0 is compatible.

RSS2.0 seems to becoming quite common.

ATOM is certainly popular

RDF, at least in my experience is less popular for simple news
syndication, but much more widely used in more complex environements.

Ross