forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RSS
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:24:25 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
>
>> Trying to get an RSS feed aggregated into a site.
>>
>> I have this in my project sitemap.xmap
>> <map:pipelines>
>>     <map:pipeline>
>>
>>       <map:match pattern="resources.xml">
>>         <map:generate type="file"
>> src="http://del.icio.us/rss/sastc/sastc:resources" />
>>         <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/rss2document.xsl" />
>>         <map:serialize type="xml-document"/>
>>       </map:match>
>>
>>     </map:pipeline>
>>
>> and site.xml links to resources.html
>>
>> Yet, I get a blank body. Any clues to what I'm doing wrong?
>

> I have created a *very* rough plugin to do this, please see that and
> enhance it. I will commit what I have to SVN now so that you can supply
> patches against it.
>
> Plugin name: feeder

It would probably help you to know I have eased the installation of "in
development" plugins:

svn up
cd plugins
ant local-deploy

You will be asked the name of the plugin, in this case enter "feeder"
(no quotes)

(next step is to have Forrest work with the plugins in-place, but that
is a little more work. For now, each time you edit anything in the
plugins directory you will need to do the local-deploy above,
fortunately it's nice and quick though)

To view the docs:

cd feeder
forrest run

There are examples in the docs.

One thing to note, in the recent RT thread on plugin infrastructure we
have decided that pugins should not us URLs in the form this plugin
currently uses them. This means we will shortly be changing the way the
URL is created. Functionlaity will remain the same, you'll just have to
update your site (assuming you choose to use this plugin).

Ross