forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WYSIWYG editor
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:05:27 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I just uploaded a first stab at a WYSIWYG editor using htmlArea
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/itools-htmlarea/ ). As with all these
> plugins that I am currently making these are the results of work over at
>  Burrokeet (http://www.burrokeet.org) and are early stage (read need
> more work). They are all things we added to Forrest that we felt were
> not appropriate for core, but can now be considered as plugins.
>
> You can download the zip from
> http://www.apache.org/~rgardler/tesingGround/forrestPlugins.
>
> Since Forrest is focusing on being able to produce static sites and this
> plugin will only work in a dynamic environment is it appropriate for
> donation here? (if not I will create a plugins module in Burrokeet CVS
> and maintain it there)
>
> Ross

As you might know, Cocoon Forms already supports HTMLArea. The guys at
Outerthought extended this support in Daisy by an HTMLCleaningConvertor. It
transforms the HTML that is returned by HTMLArea into valid XHTML. AFAIU this
cleaning process is very configurable.

This convertor is of course very special for Cocoon Forms but Bruno implemented
it in a modular way so that the HtmlCleaner
(http://svn.cocoondev.org/viewsvn/trunk/daisy/services/htmlcleaner/src/java/org/outerj/daisy/htmlcleaner/?root=daisy)

can be used from other components than from the convertor.

For now, this HTMLCleaningConvertor is only part of Daisy
(http://new.cocoondev.org/main/projects/42) but I plan to integrate  it in
Cocoon within the next weeks.

--
Reinhard