forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WYSIWYG editor
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:34:53 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Since Forrest is focusing on being able to produce static sites and
>> this plugin will only work in a dynamic environment is it appropriate
>> for donation here?
>

> Sure, as it's an extra feature for the dynamic environment that does not
> cripple the static one.
>
> Whatever you decide is fine, but instead of htmlarea maybe you could
> consider using cocoon's linotype plugin stuff for content editing.

I looked at Linotype but it is a bit buggy and since I need a working
solution now and don't have the time to fix Linotype I went for
htmlArea. However, I would like to take a deeper look at Linotype when
time allows (who knows when).

I also have a partially complete plugin for Kupu. This presents the
editor but changes are not saved, if anyone fancies finishing it off I
would be happy to provide what I have so far.

Ross