forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: bin/ subdir missing from 0.6 dist
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:55:40 GMT
Springer, Ian P. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded the Forrest 0.6 dist zipfile, and there is no bin/
> subdir as described in the docs. I tried building the dist myself using
> the command 'build release-dist', and that dist was also missing the
> bin/ subdir. It appears that the dist target is not copying
> src/core/bin/* to the dist root as it should.

The online docs are relevant to the SVN version of Forrest. This is not
a very good situation, especially since we have recently restructured
Forrest so drastically (i.e. the online docs do not reflect the current
distribution). Solutions to this were discussed recently.

The distribution does contain relevant docs for the release. What you
need to do is:

"build"

Set the FORREST_HOME variable as per the output from the above command
(see the last "screenfull" of the output)

"forrest site"

you will now have a local copy of the 0.6 site in the "build/site"
directory.

Ross