forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: New Instruction element in HowTo-DTD 2.0
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:47:42 GMT
This is developer question, such questions should be asked on the dev at
forrest.apache.org list (with this message I have moved it to the dev
list, please respond there).

More comments inline.

Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> This seem to have been completely lost in the discussion of HowTo
> validation errors, so I'll make this a separate topic:
>
> I find the steps content rather hard to read since there are no
> visual clues as to what is an instruction and what is an
> explanation of what happens when you follow it.
>
> So I'd like to suggest to introduce one new element
> named "instruction" that will can be rendered into a p with a
> specific class attribute and normally renders like a list item
> with a specific icon.

How-To DTD extends the Document dtd. The document DTD provides plenty of
  elements to distinguish different types of paragraph. Would <source>
and <code> be sufficient?

Ross