forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: xml-fop Compliance Page (was Re: xml-fop Build Failed)
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 05:59:22 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> On Nov 7, 2004, at 2:14 PM, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>
>> Clay Leeds wrote:
>>
>>> I'm sorry, could you zip those files and send again (or attach to a
>>> JIRA, or send to me privately or something)?  It looks like you sent
>>> catalog.xcat and resources.xml(?), but those 'files' were embedded in
>>> the message, and were severely modified by SpamAssassin so it's hard
>>> to tell.
>>

>> sure.
>

> I was unsuccessful at applying the PATCH. I tried running the PATCH:
>
> cd xml-fop/
> patch -p0 "/Users/Shared/_WebDLs/_repos/fop-patch/a-jump.patch"
>
> ...after about 10 minutes of no apparent change, I did a [Control]+C.
> Perhaps I don't have the hang of this PATCH thing after all. I did copy
> the files catalog.xcat & catalog.fop.xcat to
> src/documentation/resources/schema/ though. I also committed the
> CatalogManager.properties file.

patch reads from standard input, so you have to do:

patch -p0 < filename

That redirects the contents of filename into the standard input of
'patch'.   Same as `cat filename | patch -p0`.  Without any input it
will just sit and wait for some, which is what happened to you when you
put the filename as a parameter to patch.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming