forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: convert to document-v20.dtd
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 08:19:41 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> On Nov 5, 2004, at 4:38 PM, David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Clay Leeds wrote:
>>
>> 'svn log docv20todocv13.xsl' reveals that they were part
>> of issues FOR-174 which might provide some clues. When you
>> find out, we should patch the head of those *.xsl with
>> a brief comment as to purpose.
>>
>> ------
>> Add missing files from revision 23140.
>> Issue: FOR-174
>> Submitted by: Rick Tessner
>> ------
>

> I saw them, but I couldn't figure out *why* they were needed. As I said
> previously, I can understand needing to go from 1.2 & 1.3 to 2.0, but
> not the other way...

Maybe because v13 is still our intermediate format, so internally we
"downgrade" v20 sources to v13.  I don't know... parts of that idea seem
right, but it seems like we'd also lose some information if we downgrade
v20 to be a valid v13 document.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming